Vermicular Oven Pot Round 22cm Unboxing Article:
Ultimate Sharing on Cast Iron Pots:
Comprehensive Sharing on Vermicular:
Couple Overcooked’s Experience Sharing
Vermicular is a Japanese cookware brand we have admired for a long time. It has a relatively short history of making cookware. While its first oven pot round was launched in 2010, the Hijikata family’s foundry has been renowned for its capability to cast and machine iron with extreme accuracy. There is no doubt about Vermicular’s meticulous craftsmanship. For instance, the pot body and lid are handcrafted until they fit at a 0.01 mm accuracy. The excellent water retaining ability maximizes food’s umami in waterless cooking. You may first take a look at the Vermicular production video below:
Philosophy Behind Vermicular Round Pot
Lands of Japan are rich and desirable. For centuries Japanese focuses on bringing out the original flavours of food when they come to cook. Inheriting this spirit, the design of Vermicular round pot is a journey of reflecting how to make a pot that can bring out the umami of food simply by cooking it slowly on stove. Details of the pot are pointing towards achieving this goal. We have followed a few “waterless cooking” techniques and we agree that this is really an outstanding cast iron round pot. We would like to share some of its features below.
Japanese Meticulous Craftsmanship
In terms of functionality, the most special thing about the pot is it possession of multiple details crafted by Japanese to attain the highest level of water retaining capability and hence the pot is able to keep the food succulent and more tasty.
- Maximizing Air Sealed – The pot body and lid are meticulously handcrafted until they fit at a 0.01 mm accuracy. Not only is it the pride of Vermicular’s craftsmanship, the excellent water retaining ability actually maximizes umami in waterless cooking
- Water Retaining Spots – They help steam to condense on them and drop back to the pot. This feature further enhances the water retaining ability of the pot
- Ridges in the Bottom – A feature added after Vermicular has conducted some studies. They found that food becomes more delicious in waterless cooking after adding this ridge design
With reflection on the convenience of usage, multiple details are crafted with ergonomic consideration:
- Double Handles Design – To get rid of shaking the food
- Size of Handles – Crafted so that comfort is maximized
- Ridge Interval – Easy to clean as the size of human fingers is well considered
- Hanging of lid on the pot body – Give extra convenience when we put aside the pot for drying after cleaning
Optional accessories available. The whole usership of the Vermicular pot is as fun as keeping an art collection
A Platform You Can Trust
Through Couple Overcooked there have been hundreds of Vermicular products sold. We provide caring services and continuous update of relevant recipes on our website. Start your carefree Vermicular journey with us!