In this article we make dishes using Lee Kum Kee Abalone. The ready-to-eat abalone itself is convenient and versatile to use. Together with 3 flavors of the abalone, it is easy to fit in many dishes. We tried to use different flavors of Lee Kum Kee Abalone to upgrade the dishes in our breakfast, lunch and dinner. All of us can make festive dishes easily with the abalone. Let’s try that at Mid Autumn Festival!
即食鮑魚 Ready-to-Eat Abalone
Inky was also attracted by the aromatic abalone!
鮑魚雞粥 Abalone Chicken Congee
1. 米洗淨後，加水蓋過米放入冰格雪一晚，煮前一小時取出熔雪（將米放冰格雪過夜可以令米粒好快就開花變綿 滑，減少煮嘅時間）
Have this Abalone Chicken Congee for breakfast to make your day!
We previously shared how to make chicken congee tastes better. On top of that we added the abalone to upgrade the congee!
Ingredients (2 Servings)
LKK Ready-to-Eat Abalone – Abalone in Abalone Sauce 1 Can
Rice 1 Cup
Water 10 Cups (Rice: Water = 1:10)
Half a Chicken, Chopped
Some Ginger Slices
Some Dried Scallops (Immersed in Water for 15mins)
- After rinsing the rice, immerse in water and put it in freezer overnight. This can make the congee creamier and shorten the time taken to cook
- Add chicken into a pot of tap water. Cook until it comes to slightly boil Cover the lid and rest for 15mins
- Take out the chicken and leave it aside. Sieve away scum if any
- Reheat the chicken water then add rice and dried scallop in. Switch to low-medium heat for 15mins
- Add abalone sauce. Switch to low heat. Add back the chicken and ginger slices. Cook for a few more mins
- Season the congee with salt. Place abalone and chopped scallions on top. Finished!
TIPS: It’s ok to add more water in the middle of cooking the congee if you find it a bit too sticky. To make the congee creamier, blend the congee with a whisk for a few minutes. Apart from using the abalone, we also add the abalone sauce to make the congee tastier.
雞粥點煮到雞肉嫩粥底綿？How to Make a Perfectly Creamy Pot of Chicken Congee?
鮑魚生菜 Abalone with Lettuce
A super easy dish of Abalone with Lettuce. I guess everyone would be able to make it without recipe. We would like to briefly share how we made that.
LKK Ready-to-Eat Abalone – Abalone in Premium Oyster Sauce
2-3 Chinese Lettuces
- Boil water and add a handful of oil and salt. Add lettuce and cook for 30 seconds. Take it out, drain it and place on dish
- Heat the abalone together with the sauce. Cook it until slight boiled
- Pour the sauce to the lettuce. Place the abalone on top. Done!
We normally add oyster sauce to lettuce. This time we used abalone in oyster sauce. Take it out from the can, heat it and use it. It’s very convenient.
TIPS: Add lettuce to completely boiled water. If there’s a lot of lettuce, cook that in 2 times. Make sure we only cook it for 30 seconds for a more crunchy texture.
鮑魚碗仔翅 Abalone Imitation Shark Fin Soup
李錦記紅燒元貝鮑魚 2罐 (其中1罐嘅鮑魚切片，另一罐原粒備用)
Last time we shared how to make Imitation Shark Fin Soup with Bamboo Fungus. This time we tried a abalone version. Street food instantly becomes feast food.
Ingredients (4 Servings)
LKK Ready-to-Eat Abalone – Abalone in Red Braising Sauce with Dried Scallop 2 Cans (Slice abalone in one of the cans)
Chicken Stock 500ml
Some Black Fungus, Slice after immersing in water
Jinhua Ham 4-5 pieces, sliced
Half a Carrot, Shredded
Dried Chinese Mushroom, 8 pieces, Slice after immersing in water
Lean Pork Meat 150g, Shred after cooked
Glass noodles 1 pack, immerse in water for softening
1 Mixed Egg
- Boil the chicken stock. Add black fungus, Jinhua ham, carrot, Chinese mushroom and lean pork meat
- Add water according to how rich you want the texture to be. Add less water if you prefer a mouthful of different ingredients. Boil the soup for 15 mins
- Add around a can of abalone sauce together with some pepper powder, oyster sauce and light soy sauce to season the soup. Also add some dark soy sauce to give the soup darker color
- Add glass noodles. Then we slowly add the add while stirring the soup
- Add cornstarch solution to give the soup thicker texture. Then we add the abalone slices and switch off fire. Before serving, we place whole abalone on top of the soup
The hardest step to make the soup is actually to cut everything fine. The process is just like a meditation exercise. We used abalone with dried scallop because the scallop could give the soup a richer texture.
TIPS: It’s actually not difficult to make this soup but we need patience to chop ingredient finely. This is crucial to the pleasant texture of the soup. You may take a look at the coarse version we did last time and compare the difference LOL
足料碗仔翅 1文學識屋企整 Authentic Imitation Shark Fin Soup in 1 Article
A big thank to Lee Kum Kee for the invitation. We hope this article gives you more cooking ideas for the upcoming Mid Autumn Festival!
Want to take a challenge to braise abalone from scratch? Check out:
慶節好主意 蠔油炆鮑魚 Festive Braised Abalone
Or this dish is also ideal for a festival meal:
一文極速學識整上湯龍蝦伊麵！ Lobster Noodles Quick Learn in 1 Article!